Mission Service Trips provide opportunities for students to engage in community service, learn firsthand about social issues affecting the world, and strengthen faith and values. These trips often lead to lifelong friendships, lasting memories, and a better understanding of community. Service trips assist students in their vocational exploration as they discover their strengths, interests, and values.
AU offers several service and/or mission trips during spring break for students to participate in:
- Athens, Ohio – assist those experiencing poverty and physical limitations through household projects while exploring Christian values with Good Works
- Milwaukee and Burlington, Wisconsin – learn more about systems of support for individuals experiencing poverty and homelessness by preparing meals and sorting donated items
- Key Largo, Florida – volunteer with several nonprofit and governmental organizations to assist with restoring wildlife and natural habitats and promote education about the natural world
- Kansas City, Missouri – Serve the community in completing home repair projects, working a soup kitchen, tutoring children, while exploring your faith with Jerusalem Farm
- South Bend, Indiana - spend a week helping build homes and learn about affordable housing efforts with Habitat for Humanity
- Trip Leader: Dain Gotto